- For information on the auction
process (especially applicable for first time auction patrons ), at ODeas
Auction Room, please click
Other considerations when buying
- If you are unable to attend,
absentee bids will be accepted.
- Successful absentee bidders
will be notified on the first business day after the sale.
- Some auctions will include a
buyers premium. This is a premium, normally between 6-10% is
charged to the buyer and is usually intended to cover costs associated
with conducting the auction.
- There is no charge to receive
a bid number, however, deposits may be required prior to receiving bid
numbers at some auctions. In such cases, deposits would be fully
refundable if the bidders does not make a successful bid. Otherwise,
deposits would be applied against the purchase price.
- Identification will be
required upon registration, and payment is normally by approved cheque
with a bank letter of credit, Interac, Visa, or Master Card.
- Bid increments are determined
by the auctioneer, and a lesser bid increment may be accepted at the
discretion of the auctioneer.
- Goods are the responsibility
of the buyer once the goods have been declared sold.
- Removal is the responsibility
of the buyer and the auctioneer will advise the deadline for removal.
- HST of 15% applies to all